Hi there! My name is Ashley. Look up the definition of “nomad” in the dictionary, you’ll see a picture of my family. I am a recent college graduate with a degree in history and English, and have had to the pleasure to have lived all over the world. I’m still looking for that one special place to call home. Join me as I cook, craft, and critique my way through life! A few things to know from the get-go:
- I am a foodie to the extreme. I believe in eating well and eating frequently. You could call me a snob when it comes to food. Or theatre. Or movies. But that’s another thing entirely. Back to food: I bake at least once a week and can’t wait to show you some of my creations! My favorite foods are olives, chocolate, cheese, and red meat (I’m slightly carnivorous) though not necessarily in that order.
- I LOVE musical theatre! Ten points to the first person to correctly name the show that features my blog’s title in a song. That’s not to say I don’t love other forms of music. I am a total ’80s fan too.
- As well as sewing, I cross-stitch and crochet in my spare time. A lot of ideas come from blogs that I have followed for years that you really should check out. I’ll be sure to link them for you all!
- When I’m not crafting or cooking, you can be sure I’m watching television or movies. I’m a sucker for oldies like “Roman Holiday,” sci-fi, fantasy, action, spy capers. I am a big “Game of Thrones” fan, and I love “Community,” “30 Rock,” “Smash,” “M*A*S*H,” and “Cheers.” I can be a bit of a critic when it comes to film and I love to share those opinions. Which are always right. At least that’s what I tell myself.
- I cannot stay in one place for very long, which you may notice after a while.
- I’ve always loved to read, especially classics like “The Hunchback of Notre Dame.” Nowadays you typically find me with a vintage comic books (X-Men all the way!!!) or a play. It’s been a transition from reading scholarly books for college to reading for fun but I’m up for the challenge!